Monday 14 July 2014

Review: Glossybox - July 2014 | The Fourth Of July Edition



This month is all stars and stripes as Glossybox celebrates The Fourth of July with cult American brands, full sized products and Glossybox exclusives. I'm so excited about the products in this box, they are all awesome and I cannot wait to try them all out!




Bellapierre Cosmetics Ltd - Mineral Lipstick

(One Size) £20 Shop at bellapierre.co.uk


Bellapierre has featured in Glossybox before, and I adored the eyeshadow I was sent last time. I am so excited that the box this month featured one of their mineral lipsticks. I received the shade in Cat Walk, which is a really pretty pink with coral undertones. It smells really good, which is perhaps because of the Vitamin C and E - kind of like Shea butter.

The application is really smooth and feels very moisturising (a definite bonus). I have yet to test out the longevity of the lipstick, but I'm always slightly dubious with moisturising formulas as they tend to rub off a lot quicker. Fingers crossed this is long lasting like the information card claims. A final bonus of the lipstick is it also claims that it has sun protection qualities! I'm very sun conscious so this is right up my street - thank you Glossybox!


ABSOLUTE New York - Perfecting Eyeshadow Primer

$4.99 Shop at nicka.com


This product couldn't have been more timely in its arrival at my door as recently I've been hunting for an eye primer! I've been 'umming' and 'ahhing' over the Urban Decay primer as so many people recommend it, but I just don't want to break my bank over something I don't consider a necessity. Gasp at my lack of care for eye primer if you will, it just doesn't make my top five products to use. It doesn't even make my top ten.

That being said, I was really happy to get this in my box as it actually gives me the chance to try out eye primer and wonder whether it's worthy of the hype. This one from Absolute New York actually seems quite interesting as it can be used to keep eyeshadow in place or simply to neutralise redness. Being one for uneven skin tone and redness, this is definitely something I'm excited to try.


Carmex - Lip Balm

£2.69 Shop at graftonsbeauty.co.uk


I was very excited to see this in my box. Lip balm is one of those simple products that you kind of forget about. Saying that, I've never actually tried Carmex, as I'm very partial to Vaseline. Often I've seen this on the shelves of Boots and thought 'oh I must get that', and now I have no excuse not to try it as it arrived directly on my doorstep. One thing I am disappointed with is that it doesn't smell as good as I'd hoped. The idea that this was a nice smelling product had somehow worked its way into my mind but apparently it was not meant to be (my mum thought it smelt bad too).


Color Club - Glossy Seal

(Full Sized) $8 for 15ml Shop at shopcolorclub.com

This is such a pretty colour and definitely not one I own in the collection of nail varnishes I cannot wear … (I kid, I kid, I joke, I joke). I've figured out that even though I cannot wear nail varnish because of my weak fingernails, I can still paint my toes and seeing as it's sandal wearing season, I have the perfect excuse.

This shade is exclusive to Glossybox, which I think it pretty cool that they've created a shade just for members. It certainly makes it harder to repurchase if customers like the colour, but I guess that's the idea of limited edition… either way, it's a pretty colour and I'm glad I've found a way around my nail varnish woes.


NYC New York Color - High Definition Felt Tip Liner


£2.99 Shop at superdrug.com

And last but not least, I received this awesome liquid felt tip liner from NYC. I have been wanting something like this for the longest time and I'm glad it's been featured in my Glossybox. I do have a cheap liner from Collection 2000, however, I find that the liquid seeps into my eyelashes which makes applying mascara afterwards really rather difficult. Because this is a felt tip liner, I'm under the impression (and hoping) that this will not happen.

I'll have to report back on my findings but so far this liner looks pretty great to me. I tested the end on the back of my hand and the lines that can be created are really varied. Thick or thin, this can likely do it all, so I'm super excited to test it out for myself (plus it's really cheap so that's awesome too).


And that's everything I received in my Glossybox this month! I'm really impressed by this months selection (and that everything here has been full sized). This might just have become my favourite boxes, but only time and trial will tell if I truly love the contents of my box.

What did you think of this months Glossybox?
Tell me in the comments below! xx

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment