Thursday 31 July 2014

Battle Of The Boxes | Glossybox vs Birchbox July 2014


For those of you who have been reading my blog a lot recently, you'll know that not only did I get the July Glossybox, I also purchased the July Birchbox. The only logical thing to do in this instance is, well, compare them. 

I will try and remain as unbiased as possible in this review, however, please remember that this is my very first Birchbox and my 9th (9th!!!) Glossybox. It is a given that I would have more Glossybox loving tendencies due to my loyalty to the box, but I will remain as neutral as possible. Please also feel free to comment your preference, as I'd love to know).


Birchbox


Product list: 

Benefit - The Porefessional

LAQA & Co. - Sheer Lip Lube Pencil

Balance Me - Wonder Eye Cream

WHISH - Three Wishes Lavender Body Butter

The CHIA CO - Shots

- Number 4 - Non-Aerosol Hairspray


The Birchbox gave a very mixed bag of products, from makeup to skincare to healthy lifestyle. This intrigued me as health isn't particularly an area Glossybox has ever focused on (or at least, not in my box). So the fact that some Chia seeds were included was a nice surprise.

On top of that, my box included: a hair product, two skincare products (one face, one body), a lip crayon, and a makeup base. While all of the products were of a sample size, the items were still large, giving the customer enough to determine whether they liked the samples or not. I'm still using the eye cream and there is still plenty left in the tube. This is a massive bonus as often, samples in these boxes are so small they are only good for one use. Thankfully, that is not the case here and I'm really enjoying using the things sent in my Birchbox.

One thing I would like to note is that Birchbox actually sent me the wrong colour LAQA Lip Lube. At the time I wrote my original review, I was unaware of this until I went to later complete my customer satisfaction surveys. It was then that I realised I was meant to be given coral, not purple. When I tweeted about it, Birchbox were very quick to respond. They looked into my account and they sent me a new one. Is that good customer service or what? So now I have two samples and I'm a very happy customer (so thank you Birchbox, you rule!)


Glossybox


Product List:

Bellapierre Cosmetics Ltd - Mineral Lipstick

- Color Club - Glossy Seal

- Carmex - Lip Balm

- NYC New York Color - High Definition Felt Tip Liner

- ABSOLUTE New York - Perfecting Eyeshadow Primer


The Glossybox was quite different to this months Birchbox. While the Birchbox had a more holistic approach to health and beauty, Glossybox supplied ample amounts of makeup (not that I'm complaining). 

As my readers might be aware by now, I cannot fault a box that gives mostly makeup products, as they are my favourite items to receive. An added bonus was that the entire box supplied 5 full sized products, which is lovely because it actually gives the consumers a chance to fully experiment and experience the products. The box consisted of two eye products, two lip products (one care and one lipstick) and a nail product. Minus the nail varnish, so far, I've really liked all of the products in the box. The Bellapierre lipstick is by far one of my favourites of this month. It's such a pretty and wearable colour - what's not to love? I'd never tried Carmex before, so it was great to finally see what the hype was all about. The liner (while on the cheaper side) was good, as was the eye primer. Overall, Glossybox did a really great job this month, so picking between the two boxes is very difficult...


Okay, so which box did better?


Overall, I think Birchbox wins this round. It must be said that their customer service this time around was absolutely amazing. The quickness to respond by sending another LAQA in the post was outstanding and in general, the selection of products were great, considering they have yet to know of my 'likes and dislikes' via surveys. So well done Birchbox, you win this round (though I do still really love my Glossybox!)

Honestly, I would have made this a 'tie', but I figure one should come out on top, so Birchbox gets it. 

Until next time! xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment