Wednesday 2 July 2014

Hauling Again: Huge L'Oréal Sale


If there's one things I've learnt by now, it's that I really cannot resist a good makeup sale. Boots reduced  some of the best things ever (and by that, I mean a whole load of L'Oréal). I have a weakness, sure, but I'm pretty darn happy with what I purchased…



L'Oréal Paris - Color Riche Lipstick

I've already shared my love for these lipsticks in my last haul, so it was evident that it would result in picking up yet another lipstick this time around (don't judge me!)

Retails for £8.19 (purchased for £3)

Unlike last time, I actually went for one of the 'Natural Brunette' shades (I'll be honest, I didn't actually look, I just liked the colour). It's hard to resist a good berry coloured lippy, and this one is a pretty wearable shade as it's a lot more sheer than the others I own. I can certainly see why this one is designed to compliment darker hair shades though, as on the initial application I didn't like the colour. It was only once I had darkened my naturally fair eyebrows that it looked awesome (if I do say so myself).

For matt lovers, this probably isn't for you as it pack quite a lot of shimmer. Smudged out it works pretty well as a blush too, as it's not sticky in the slightest.


L'Oréal Paris - Lumi Magique Pearl Powder

I'd had my eyes on this for the longest time, and so you can imagine the excitement I felt when I noticed '01 Rose Boudoir' was also reduced. It typically retails for £8.99, but I snapped it up for £4 - bargain!



The powder has three rings of shades which aims to 'mattify, highlight and give a healthy radiant glow'. So far it's done a pretty good job of that, however, I've mostly used it in my main highlight areas rather than all over the face.


L'Oréal Paris - False Lash Flutter (Midnight Blacks)

Normally when I pick up mascaras in the sale section, they're usually for my sister (who gets through them pretty quickly). After loving my L'Oréal mascara from my May Glossybox, I figured I'd try out one of their other formulas.



What's really interesting about this one is the brush shape. It kind of reminds me of a butterfly wing, and the curved shape fits around my lashes perfectly meaning the word 'flutter' is pretty appropriate for it.

Of the options available, I picked the blue tinted mascara (there was also purple), however on application it's not obvious the colour isn't black, so it makes a great daytime or nighttime mascara. At full price, this sells for £10.99, however, in the sale it was £4. 


L'Oréal Paris Color Appeal Eyeshadow (165 Rose Mordoré)

One thing I will say is that this really reminds me of the mineral eyeshadow from my March Glossybox in that it's one of those shades that can simply be swept all over the eyelids and it looks amazing just as it is. 

The colour is a really pretty rose gold, which is very popular right now. The shade is quite light in comparison to some of the 'denser' formulas out there, but is just as buildable, so should work well for anyone looking to give their eyes a metallic touch. Of all the products, this is probably on of my most recommended as it's so long lasting and just looks so beautiful.


I had a harder time finding the actual price of these, as there are a few different prices out there. However, it seems they would usually be around the £6-£7 mark (I got it for £3).


Peptalash (5ml)

The final thing I picked up (and probably the biggest bargain) was this lash lengthening serum. I've been really wanting to try something like this for a long time and seeing it in the clearance section kind of sealed the deal for me. 


 The application looks very much like a liquid liner, which makes it super easy to apply. The serum is completely clear and can be applied under makeup (if you so wish). I've been taking the advice given on the bottle and have applied it morning and night and it must be said, I've definitely noticed an improvement in my eyelashes.

I checked on the Boots website and unfortunately this is sold out, however, if you managed to find it in the clearance, definitely consider it. I purchased it for £10 (retails usually for £24.99).


And that's everything! Tell me in the comments below what you thought of my haul (and if you've been hitting the sales too!)

xx

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment