Sunday 17 August 2014

Round 3 | Battle Of The Primers


Last week, I battled Maybelline against the renowned Benefit 'Porefessional'. So many people have claimed that Benefit's primer is a Godsend. It's ultimately, one of the most coveted primers on the market. Want to know my opinion of the product? You can read all about it here!

But what about if this primer is set against another this week?

This time, you'll see if Benefit can hold out against one of my very favourite High Street brands… 

L'Oreal - Lumi Magique Primer (£ )


Well, of course it was going to be L'Oreal…

I've had this primer for the longest time. Probably (definitely) way longer than I care to admit. Yet, whenever I use it, it never fails to impress me. Most primers look to cover or hide pores. But what if that's actually not an issue to the consumer? Personally, I don't believe I have very big pores. I'm almost certain I would know if I did, as this frequently comes with other skin issues.

As such, I've debated whether to battle these out for a long time. They have very different purposes, so I believe you can take my opinions with a pinch of salt, as everyone likes different things!


Claims: 
'Provides a light enriching base which illuminates the skin - provides up to 8 hours of hydration'.

Pros:
- Gives that coveted 'inner glow' look very easily
-Much more affordable than Benefit
- Thin liquid consistency (definitely not going to feel gelatinous)
- Looks awesome all day
- Keeps makeup in place
- Apply in T-Zone as normal
- The bottle lasts so long

Cons: 
- If wearing this alone, you will look very shiny
- I don't really think it hydrates the skin (personally)
- Could be said to be more of a highlighter (if worn alone)
- This isn't going to give you perfect skin w/o foundation (like many other primers claim they can do… it's all lies anyway).

So it's not the cheapest primer on the market (£9.99), but I fully believe that this is one to splurge on. If your skin needs that pick-me-up and you're looking to get that inner glow this is 100% for you. If you're looking to practically resurface your skin, you'll have to keep looking, I'm afraid. This primer simply enhances your skin and looks wonderful with small amounts of foundation or concealer in problem areas (if you have any).

Also, if you're anything like me, then the consistency of this will please you far more than many of the other primers around. So many of the products have a silicone feeling to them which can be unpleasant and instead of holding your makeup in place, actually causes it to slip down. Kind of the opposite to what you intended, correct? Well, fear not, this definitely doesn't do that as this is quite a thin liquid, as opposed to gel.

So my rating?

8/10

For me, this rates higher than Benefit's, but that is due to my own personal preferences and skin needs. I'm sure others would say differently, but this week I'm naming L'Oreal as the winner!


Comment below if you agree/disagree with my choice :)
(Ps. What should I battle next? Another primer, or something different?)

xx

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment