Monday 19 May 2014

Review: Glossybox - May 2014



If you haven't already heard, Glossybox collaborated with a major brand name this month. They teased us constantly with 'who' and 'what' and the big reveal came when my box dropped through the postbox. 

And who else other than the well-known beauty store: Superdrug! 

This box promised a massive amount of goodies - full sized - and added extras…



Superdrug - Large Doughnut Ring

The first thing in this months Glossybox was this Doughnut ring which was, of course, Superdrug branded. It comes in one size at £3.99 and (thankfully) I received the correct colour for my hair. 




Honestly, I probably wouldn't have gone out of my way to buy one of these so I'm somewhat glad that I was given one in my box. Only problem is that I'm not that hair-savvy so I can only see myself wearing this when my sister does my hair. Otherwise, it's going to the back of my draw - oh dear…  


L'Oréal Paris - Volume Million Lashes (Black)

I've been obsessed with L'Oréal at the moment (which you will see in an upcoming haul) so seeing this in my box made me super, super happy. I'd debated getting it in the 3 for 2 at Boots (Ohhh - cheeky - mentioning the competition) but decided on other things instead. 




All I can say is that this is a great mascara. It makes even my poor excuses for eyelashes look fluttery and pretty - what more could I ask for? It has, however, had me debating getting that Miss Manga mascara… hmm… 

I will not lie, it's an expensive one (£10.99 - the price of the box - woah!) But it's a good-un and probably my favourite thing in the box. 


Solait - Illuminating Facial Bronzing Cream

Onto one of the many things I will not/can not use. Oh joy. 

I'm really not into tanning. Frankly, I like my pale skin and I think I'd look utterly ridiculous with a tan (my nan calls it being an 'English Rose', apparently). 




It's a full size product, so that was nice and is very reasonable in price (£2.99). All the same, I gave this to my sister who has been going on about fake tanning for ages. She seemed happy so I'm glad I could give it to someone who would appreciate it!


B. - Quick One Coat Professional Finish Nail Polish

This colour is beautiful. I cannot deny it. Oh my god I fell in love at first sight. It was one of those sad romance novel moments though because [sobs dramatically] I'm sorry my Gold Sparkly Love, we simply cannot be together. The sadness. The tears. 




The ruined nails.

Anyone who checks my blog regularly will know the woes I endure when Glossybox send me nail varnish. Especially, when it's this pretty. 

It's £4.99 and you get a really good amount (8ml). When they say 'one coat' they mean it because, damn son, that stuff is shimmery. No base colour needed. I know this because unlike me, my sister (yet again) loved it and I painted her nails that evening. Two coats made an even bigger impact and I felt my love slip to another persons… nails (ha! The pun. Sorrynotsorry).


I Love Cosmetics - Strawberry & Milkshake Shimmer & Shine (£1.29)


Ugh. 

The only word I have for this. I'd have rather they left this out of my box. If they were thinking: 'yum. Strawberries are just like summer.' Well I've got news for you. You are wrong.




This is not made of strawberries. It is made of overly sugary sweet ingredients that I wouldn't even want to eat for pudding. 

At least my 10 year old sister will enjoy it. Because that's where it belongs, in the hands of a child, and definitely not for Glossybox's target audience.  

/rant.


Garnier - Oil Beauty Lotion (Tester)

I'm really looking forward to trying this one, actually. It has the ingredient everyone has been raving about lately (Argan oil) and is targeted at dry skin. 





The full sized product is £4.99 for 250ml and let me tell you, that's a fair amount of moisturiser. I've seen the bottle and it looks like it'll last an age.


GHOST Fragrances - Eclipse (Tester)

And finally! 

I love Ghost. Sweetheart is my go-to daily fragrance and everyone comments on what I'm wearing. It's light and fresh and just perfect. 

Now they have a new scent for me to fall in love with all over again [swoons].


Look how pretty the bottle is. Look at it!


I'll try and stop fangirling for a second, promise. As you can see from the picture above, it's described as 'fresh, fruity and floral' which is right up my street. 


Top notes: Lemon, Bergamot, Mandarin, Blackcurrant, Apple.

Heart: Freesia, Lotus Blossom, Rose & Blond Wood.

Base: Amber Crystals & Powdery Musk.


Guys. It smells like a warm summer day. I kid you not. I think this might be one tester I actually buy the bottle of (though I'm still pretty in love with those Viva La Juicy testers).




And that's a wrap!

Tell me what you thought of this months box and in all seriousness someone tell me how I can strengthen my nails. I want to wear nail varnish! 

I had some love and hate items here (can't please everyone) but overall I really liked the box. I wouldn't have known about Superdrugs '50 year anniversary' without Glossybox (thanks Glossybox!) and I really enjoyed the collaboration. 

Much love! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment